“you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.”1 Peter 4:14 (CSB)
In times of difficulty and trial will I turn against God in anger or praise Him with joy. In this hour the critical question on our mind always becomes, “Where is God?”
Seven things to remember that the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God does.
- He is the Spirit of truth and He will bring to mind what ever you need for the time. He will give you the measure of truth that you need to be faithful.
- The goal of the Spirit is to bring and to expose the beauty of Jesus Christ.
- The Spirit rests upon us to sustain the love of Christ.
- He causes us to feel that the glory we are losing isn’t worth keeping. The glory that we are gaining is worth infinitely more. A taste of eternal glory will come.
- In the hour of doubt the Spirit will give you preservation from faith destroying doubt.
- The Spirit will bring to mind the things to say to those around you. If you need to say nothing that will be His prompting.
- In your hour of trial the Spirit will give you Himself, the Father, and the Son.
Be filled with the Spirit. God wants you to be.
Meditate on what God has said in His Spirit filled scriptures. Believe what you hear and read in the word. Really believe it! Hold Fast in obedience to what you have heard and believed. In all your meditating, believing, and holding fast, desire all that God is for you. Thirst for God.
Prayer: Lord give me a deeper relationship with the Spirit.
“And don’t get drunk with wine, which leads to reckless living, but be filled by the Spirit” Ephesians 5:18 (CSB)